Built for women who are bold in business, the Gwinnett Chamber honored nearly 80 finalists and seven winners at its inaugural Moxie Awards. Presented by Gwinnett Medical Center, the program began with a powerhouse panel and concluded with a recognition ceremony. Panelists included: Kim Guthrie, president of Cox Media Group, Wendy Johnson, president of Dale Carnegie of Georgia and Jenny Pruitt, CEO & Founder of Atlanta Fine Homes Sotheby’s International Realty.
The Moxie Awards recognized both individuals and organizations alike. Organizational awards highlighted companies that support the advancement of women, as well as those that are women-led. Individual awards honored those who are trailblazers in a male-dominated field, Gwinnett County champions, emerging leaders, professionals who are at the peak of their career and those who are generous with their time, talent or resources.
Designations were given for the following awards:
• Enlightened Employer Award – Gwinnett County Public Schools
• Greater Good Award – Chairman Charlotte Nash, Gwinnett County Board of Commissioners
• Influence Award – Leticia Maspons Willis, Willis Mechanical
• On the Rise Award – Trinity Hundredmark, Andersen, Tate & Carr, PC
• Outstanding Organization Award – Aurora Theatre
• Moxie Award – Annie Valenty, Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta
• Pay It Forward Award – Paige Havens, Marketing & Community Relations Consultant
“We are fortunate to have such a standout network of women in Gwinnett,” said Alicia Krogh, vice president of programs & events at the Gwinnett Chamber. “This new program will give the Gwinnett Chamber an opportunity to thank and pay tribute to those who do so much for our community.”
For more information, visit GwinnettMoxieAwards.com.